For 72 years, The Council has served as a foremost community-based organization in North Texas offering alcohol and drug prevention and intervention services. Our work has received accolades and awards, coverage by national publications, and inclusion in the Congressional Record. But most importantly, since opening its doors in 1946, millions of North Texans have been reached, changed and/or saved. Last year alone, the Council trained or directly served more than 32,000 people and provided resources and materials for thousands more. This was made possible because of donations, sponsorships and support of local community members, foundations, organizations and companies.
Additional Ways to Give
Join us as together we prevent problems with alcohol and other drugs before they occur, intervene when they do and promote recovery for those who are already addicted. Consider your time, talents and resources; together we can do so much more than we could ever do on our own!
Contact the Council if you are interested in giving of time:
Contact the Council if you are interested leveraging your talents for the community:
- Serving on the planning committee for the annual BuzzFree PROMises Dress & Suit Giveaway
- Assisting with recovery-focused events
- Learning more about the Council’s committees and serving on one
- Donating services
Contact the Council if you are interested in sharing your resources:
- Donating clothes and/or hygiene items for clients with limited resources
- Providing incentives for youth (age 5 – 18) to participate in prevention programs
- Providing financial support to further one or all the Council’s programs and initiatives
- Other (Let us know what you can do)
“I support The Council because it impacts lives suffering various addictions. Through its different programs, The Council offers hope, grace and redemption for a second chance at a fulfilled life. The Council is making a huge difference in the Metroplex – changing one life at a time. I am excited about being a part of this “ministry” of grace and hope.”Peron Jones
Prevent. Intervene. Promote Recovery.
Join us as together we PREVENT problems with alcohol and other drugs before they occur,
INTERVENE when they do and PROMOTE RECOVERY for those who are already addicted.